Friends , here is my first attempt , the SCJP book by Kathy has given me few questions , I would like to enrich it further , but time for a first cut
· Is Java compiled or interpreted?
· How can we declare two public classes in a Java source file?
· Is there a restriction on naming the source file?
· Give an example of code statement, where do while and while will give different output?
· What is the default access, if we do not specify any access modifiers?
· How method overloading and method overriding is different?
· Give example of a non access modifier?
· Why should some classes or methods be marked as final?
· How the abstract class is different from an interface as far as abstract methods are concerned?
· How garbage collection works in C# and Java ?
· What is boxing and Unboxing ?
· How can we implement threads ?
· What are the different states of a thread ?
· What is a web service? How this is related with SOAP, UDDI and WSDL?
· What are the different ways to maintain state in a web application , relative advantage and disadvantages ? ( Hint : Session Variable, Cookies , Hidden Fields , Query String ) . For .Net view state is important.
· What is MVC Architecture ?
· Explain 3- tier Architecture ?
· Explain Service oriented architecture
· What is the difference between default and package access modifier
· Let’s say Class A has a private method called fun() , class B extends Class A and defined fun() , what this phenomenon is called ?
· What is the use of Final Keyword ? Can we declare a variable as final ?
· Is it possible to define a abstract class , with non abstract member s?
· When should we use an arraylist in place of an array?
· What is the method that can be used to traverse an arraylist?
· What is checked and unchecked exception ? Give example of both type of exceptions.
· How to use your own exception , so let’s say you are taking age as an input and you want to throw an exception when it is less than zero, how will you achieve it ?
· Give some example of statements that should be put in finally ?
· Does Java allow multiple inheritance ? What is ‘Deadly Diamond of Death”
· Class A
public void fun()
Class B extend A
Protected void fun()
Is there a problem in the above code ?
· Give an example how polymorphism can be achieved using method overriding?
public int foo()
char c = ‘c’;
Is this code legal ?
· What is default constructor supplied by the compiler ? Is there any caution , that you need to follow when you create your own constructor, will the default constructor be supplied in the following case
void Horse ()
· Which variables are in stack , which are stored in heap ?
· What do we mean by saying strings are immutable objects ? what is role of ‘String Constant Pool” . Which classed do we use to overcome the limitations of string ?